Monday, April 27, 2015

Week 2!

Hola!

Hey Everyone!  Sorry, not a lot of time to write, but I wanted to share a little about my week!

This week we worked hard and taught lots.  In my first two weeks of the mission, we have set baptismal dates with two of our investigators.  Now we're working hard to get them ready for baptism!

Yesterday, ten minutes before sacrament meeting started, the bishop told me, "Hey, since you're a new missionary, the ward hasn't gotten a chance to meet you yet.  Would you share your testimony with us today in Sacrament Meeting?"  "Uhhh... yep."  "Great.  And ten minutes would be perfect."  Ten minutes?  I was worried I didn't even have a Spanish vocabulary large enough to teach for ten minutes straight, especially not for it to make any sense.  :) 
But I looked through my scriptures and found some really good scriptures about relying on God.  Then I prayed that God would help me.  And he did!  I shared the experience of hiking King's Peak that I shared in my farewell talk, and I shared a scripture about us all needing to trust in God and our Savior.  I bore testimony of my love for the gospel, and I challenged the congregation to help the missionaries find people to teach.  All in all, it lasted about 8 minutes.  It was great!  I know that the Lord filled my mouth with the words I should say.  And one guy actually shared something he learned from it in Priesthood meeting, which means that they were able to understand my Spanish!

Well, I wish I had more time to write.  But just remember, have faith in the Lord!  He will help and you can see miracles!

Love you all,

Elder Jarrett



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment