Monday, April 20, 2015

First Week in the Field!

Mis amigos!

How are you all?  I hope you are all Fantastic and loving every second of every day!  :D  We are so lucky to have so many blessings from God!  One of which is knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!  We are so blessed!  Always strive to include our Heavenly Father in everything you do - strive to live that he could walk beside you at all times, study his words, and pray to him because he wants to hear from you.

I finished my first week in the real life of a missionary!  So my area is...(drum roll) Jardines de Iztapalapa!  It's an Awesome area!  And my trainer is Elder Marsh from Plain City, Utah.  He is district leader over our district and is a great guy and a powerful missionary.

Things are going well here!  Things are always pretty busy in the field.  We taught lots this week.  Many people that we teach say my Spanish is very good for me only being here a week. So that's a bonus.  :)   It was really hard my first couple of days because I couldn't understand anything that people said.  I would just sit there and let my companion teach, then I would bear my testimony.  But it's gotten so much better!  Now I can usually have a good idea of what others say and I can actually help answer their questions and teach what they need to hear.  I am learning really fast, I believe it's all thanks to the gift of tongues and the blessings of God.

Things here are different!  Although, they're already becoming normal to me now already.  So, before I forget, here's a couple things:  There's So many people here.  Also, doors are unlocked by turning the key left, not right.  Next, to knock on a door, you do so with a pen with a pen and then they yell ¿Quien? (Who?) and you respond "Los misioneros" and then they open their doors, or not. 

They have super delicious ice cream here where they hollow out a fruit (orange, apple, pinapple, coconut) and then they fill up the fruit with ice cream of that flavor.  You can only buy them when a certain truck comes by, but I was able to have an orange with orange ice cream inside last week.  It was delicious.  

Well, I'm out of time, but I'll have new adventures to share next week!  I love you all!  Have a Wonderful Week!

(a picture of me and my new companion, Elder Marsh)

--
Elder Jarrett



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment