Thursday, April 2, 2015

Almost Conference Weekend!

Hola!

Hey Everyone!  I hope you are all Super Excited for General Conference this weekend!  I Sure Am!  Possibly more Excited than I've ever been before!  While here at the CCM, we've gotten to listen to so many talks by the apostles and prophets of the Lord.  And while I've listened to some of them before, many of them have inspired me and touched me in ways like never before.  I know it's weird, but I feel like I've grown to know the apostles as friends.  I've listened to them enough that you hear their stories, get to know their personalities, and feel of their testimonies.  As my companion said, "All the apostles have a way with words that no one else has."  And yet, they're all unique!
I know that as you all pray about any questions you have, and then intently listen to General Conference this weekend, you will find answers to your questions.  God loves his children and wants them to know of his Plan for them.  The scriptures are one example of this, and the living prophets are another!  As we listen to the words spoken at General Conference, we can hear the words of God.

This week was a good week here!  And this morning, we got to go see the Mexico City Temple!  The Temple is closed, but we toured the Visitors Center there, which was super cool.  While there, we watched a video on families.  One powerful line I remember is the dad asked his wife after their baby was born, "Do you ever wonder what is the most important thing to teach them? (their kids)"  And his wife responded, "That they are loved.  And that they are a child of God." 
And it's so true!  It made me So grateful for the Incredible parents I have.  I know that I am who I am because of my family.  And I'm so grateful for ALL of you, my friends, and the love that you have all shown to me.  I hope you all know of the love I have for you, and the love our Father in Heaven has for you.  On my mission, I get to share the message of God's Love to people that may not know of it.  But also, I hope all of you will express your love to one another and gratitude for one another.  One of my favorite quotes is: "They do not love that do not show their love."  So show it!  :)

Yesterday, again, we got to welcome the new missionaries to the CCM.  And Hermana Zara Beck from Sky View arrived!  That makes four of us from Sky View here in the CCM!  Which is quite a lot!  I want to get a group picture of us all before we leave, hopefully I can.  Last week, there was close to 150 missionaries that left, and we had about 20 arrive on Wednesday, with a few more the day before.  The officials say there's close to 200 missionaries here now, which is really few for the CCM, I guess.  During the summer, they have close to 1,000.  

Well, anyway, that's all for this week!

I hope y'all are doing Fantastic!  Enjoy Conference this weekend!

--
Elder Jarrett



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment