Saturday, March 18, 2017

Fwd: Another incredible week gone by in the work!

Sorry, this was last week's email, but it didn't get sent out to everyone.


Fri, Mar 10, 2017

¡Hola amigos! ¿Como estan?

Another incredible week gone by in the work!  The time is passing incredibly fast!!

This week I have felt much better.  After feeling a little discouraged last week, this week I realized that I need to let go of my pride.  You see, I had arrived to this new area, with a new assignment, and a new companion, and I thought that despite all of this, that we would baptize tons of people here in my last transfer.  But I had to remember that this isn't my work, and I'm not capable of doing any miracles on my own.  The Lord is in charge.  And thank goodness, because he knows how to do things much better than I do.  :)   I love my companion and I'm grateful to be here learning from him and with him.  I love the people here, and I'm grateful to be here working with them and serving them the best I can.

This week, we were blessed to see so many miracles.  The Ward is working together much better.  In the Ward Council on Sunday, we found a way to involve the leaders of each organization to help us with missionary work and we found how we can help each of them and together we work to accomplish the same goals.   I feel like we've now gained the trust of the members (who had some problems with the sister missionaries in the past.)  And we have several investigators that we feel they'll come to church this Sunday - one of which has been listening to the missionaries for years and has never come to church, but she asked us to pass by for her this Sunday at 8:30 because she feels like the time has arrived that she feels she needs to go.  Also, this Monday, I got permission to go to the baptism of Celso, Pamela, and Dalila in Iztacalco!!  They asked the Elders there if I could come and I received permission to go.  I'm very excited to see them again and support them during their baptism that we've worked towards together.

Last weekend, we gave a blessing to a brother from our ward who was very sick, Brother Malpica.  My companion and I, along with our ward mission leader went to visit him.  We all felt the same, that his time was near.  He received a blessing of peaceful passing Saturday night and Sunday night he passed away.

Monday we had our monthly Leadership Council with all of the Zone Leaders, Sister Training Leaders, and President and Sister Mecham.  This time we had a special guest visitor, Elder Gaona, who was just released from being an Area 70.  He talked about how we can work together with the institute program.  Then we got to listen to the words and counsel of President Mecham.  President also gave us time to have a testimony meeting.  I shared my testimony about love.  About how infinitely much Christ loves us and how much we can love our companions and our investigators and those in our areas as we are here serving as his representatives.

Yesterday, we went to the airport to take a missionary that was going home.  We were asked to go accompany Sister Mecham.  I got feeling really sad because I've gone to the airport so many times to drop off the missionaries that are going home and yesterday it hit me as I thought that the next time I come to the airport might be when I am the one going home.  I'm going to miss the mission Sooooooooo Much!!!!  But I know that I am just finishing another phase of my life.  I still have so much waiting for me at home left to do and learn.  And I'm excited to see you guys!!!   I Love You So Much!!!!

Elder Jarrett

P.S.  This next week we have Zone Conferences throughout the entire mission!  Yay!



No comments:

Post a Comment